Vastu believes that by keeping the entry to your house in positive directions and positioning a constant cosmic field, a positive energy is created which in turn leads to positive thinking, good health and prosperity.
Construction of flats as per Vastu is not that simple. The number of flats in one complex,common walls for adjacent flats, complicated. Nevertheless, if one follows meticulously the principles of vastu in selection of the plot and construction of building, satisfactory results could be obtained in majority of cases.
The principles given below should be followed strictly so as to give maximum benefit to the flat owners.
Vastu tips for the interior planning of your house.For safe and sound interior planning of your house make sure that there is plenty of light, air with proper ventilation and minimum furniture.
- Bed Room: The master bedrooms should be in the South West corner of the house. If the house has more than one floor then, then it should be on the top most floor. The ceiling should be in level, this makes the energy of the room uniform, which in turn gives one a steady state of mind. Children’s room should be in the north west or west side. To have a better concentration they should have a separate study close to their bedrooms. Kitchen: The ideal place is south east corner of the building or a kitchen in the west of the building can also be tolerated.
- Study Room : The best locations for this room are the north, west, north west, east, north east.These directions attract the positive effects of Mercury increasing brain power, Jupiter increasing wisdom, Sun increasing ambition and Venus helps in bringing about creativity in new thoughts and ideas.
- Dining room: The dining room and kitchen should be on the same floor and it should be adjacent to the kitchen from the left. The entrance to the dining room
and the main door should not be facing each other. The dining table should be square of rectangular in shape and should not be attached or folding against the wall.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms and toilets should be adjacent to the north- east corner. They should never be constructed in the center or in the south -west corner of the house.
- Drawing Room : It should always be constructed towards the north. The rooms located in the northern part of the house should be bigger in size as that compared to the rooms in the southern part of the house. They should be shorter to them in height by one to three inches.This is an important rule of Vastu Shastra. Furniture should be square or rectangular in shape.
- Store Room: If essential then the store room should be constructed in the southern part of the building, other wise grain and other provisions can be stored
in the kitchen or in other rooms and cupboards. Things should not be stored in diwans and box beds because it effects the magnetic environment of the self and the room causing sleeping disorders.
- Waste Storage:
Daily wastes from the kitchen should be kept covered in the south- west corner of the kitchen.
- Height of Rooms:
The rooms in the northern part of the house should be larger than the rooms in
the southern side by 6-9 inches, and lower by 1-3 inches. Height of rooms should ideally be, 12- 14 feet. Doors/Windows As far as doors are concerned, the main door should be larger than the inner doors and all doors should open towards the
walls. All windows should be at least 3 feet 6 above ground level, and should be at the same level from the top. Window openings should be on the northern and eastern sides of the buildings.